The TEC Gateway shall continue to enhance industry as the “One-Stop-Shop” for innovation and knowledge transfer in embedded systems in Ireland.
- Around 60 personnel with hundreds of cumulative industry experience-years in a variety of ICT-related disciplines:
- Microelectronics, wireless technologies, embedded systems, software, sensor devices and systems and mechanical design.
- The in-depth understanding and innovative edge obtained from experienced post-doctoral researchers in relevant new technology.
- The TEC-Centre has completed over 150 successful industry projectsin a variety of areas including:
- Distributed sensing, hardware systems, automated resource monitoring, indoor and outdoor real-time tracking, multimedia systems, websites and application software.
Collective outputs from the Nimbus Centre include over 150 projects in conjunction with 75 Irish companies and 40 disclosures/licences/patents in the last four years. Supported by CIT Dept of Electronic Engineering and CIT School of Computing and Mathematics.
The TEC Gateway works extensively with small to medium size Irish based companies who have requirements for ICT innovation, particularly in embedded systems.
Many of the clients, both multinationals and start-ups, use the TEC Gateway to develop their product prototype to facilitate the next level of funding for their business, support large scale research projects and to demonstrate to potential clients their concepts in a form that is tangible and real.
The TEC Gateway is focusing on the application of their expertise in 4 main areas, these are Energy, Water, Location Based Services and management of the built environment.
Embedded systems are the hidden computers that unobtrusively monitor and control many aspects of our working and living, operating our mobile phones, running machines in factories, controlling our domestic appliances and keeping our cars running safely.